The TENA Kitchen Recipe of the Month - September '14
Pineapple Chicken Stir-fry
- 1/3 cup Vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 each Sweet green and red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 Carrots, cut into very thin coins
- 1 cup Pin eapple chunks, drained
Sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together broth, water, flour, cornstarch, ketchup, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sugar. Set aside.
Stir-fry: In a wok or large fry pan; heat oil over medium heat; stir-fry chicken until golden-brown and cooked. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- In same pan, add oil and stir-fry peppers and carrots until tender.
- Add pineapple chunks, cooked chicken and sauce to wok.
- Cook and stir until the sauce boils and thickens and pineapple and chicken are hot. Serve with rice or noodles.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.