The TENA Kitchen Recipe of the Month - November '14
Creamy Carrot soup
- 2 cups Carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups Parsnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 peeled and cubed
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 cup Water
- 3 cups Vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl combine carrots, parsnips and apples. Add canola oil; salt and pepper and toss to coat all vegetables.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add vegetables; roast for 15 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a large saucepan and cover with 4 cups broth and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add batches of vegetables to blender and blend until smooth, adding in an additional 3 cups of vegetable broth for more liquid.
- Pour back into saucepan and re-heat.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.