The TENA® Kitchen Recipe of the Month - March '15
Low Fat Lentil Soup
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 cup Finely chopped onions
- 1 cup Finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup Finely chopped celery
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp each Dried basil and oregano
- 1 cup Dried red lentils
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded cabbage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Add 1 small thinly sliced smoked farmers sausage with the chicken stock
- In large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add stock, basil, oregano, lentils and cabbage.
- Cover and simmer 35 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings.