The TENA Kitchen Recipe of the Month - April '15
Cranberry English Scones
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Dried cranberries
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup Milk
- In a mixing bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until texture is like course meal.
- Add dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, combine beaten egg and milk
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir with fork until moistened.
- Form into a ball and place on a floured surface.
- Knead very tightly.
- Roll out 3/4"(2 cm) thickness and cut in diagonal shapes.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 F (220C) for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 12 scones.
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 package Cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Toasted almonds
- Soften cream cheese.
- Finely chop toasted almonds in blender.
- Stir toasted almonds into cream cheese and serve with cranberry English scones