Chicken Almond Vegetable Stir-Fry
The TENA Kitchen Recipe
- 1 lb. Skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 tsp.Dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 oz. Canola oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Medium onion, sliced
- 3 cups Broccoli florets
- 1 cup Thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups Sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups Sliced Chinese cabbage
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 1/4 oz Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Corn starch
- 1/8 cup Toasted slivered or sliced almonds
- Cooked brown rice
- Cut chicken in thin strips and sprinkle with tarragon, salt and pepper.
- In large heavy skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Add chicken and stir-fry 1 min.
- Add onion and garlic and stir-fry 2 mins.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add broccoli, carrots and mushrooms to skillet and stir-fry 2 mins, adding 15mL water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add Chinese cabbage, cover and steam 1 min.
- In a small bowl, stir together chicken stock, soy sauce and corn starch.
- Add chicken mixture to pan.
- Stir in chicken stock mixture and stir-fry 1 min.
- Top with almonds and serve over rice.