Cranberry Vanilla Coffee Cake
The TENA Kitchen Recipe
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Uncooked rolled oats (quick-cooking or old-fashioned)
- 1/4 cup Canned Whole Berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Granulated white sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sour cream
- Combine sugar, rolled oats and whole berry cranberry sauce. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter with sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spread half in greased and floured pan; spread with half the topping. Repeat.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Add a dusting of icing sugar to top of cake when cool.