Crunchy Almond Cod
The TENA Kitchen Recipe
- 3/4 cup Whole raw almonds, or 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 Cod fillets, about 100 grams/3.5 ounces each, fresh or thawed from frozen and drained
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Finely chopped parsley
- If using whole raw almonds, combine almonds, flour and salt in food processor, pulsing until mixture is the texture of coarse meal. If using almond meal, combine with flour and salt in small bowl.
- Put almond mixture into a shallow dish and coat the cod well on both sides.
- Put canola oil and butter in frying pan and turn to med high. When butter is melted, fry 2 fillets for about 2 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fillet, until the coating is crisp and brown. If browning too fast, reduce to medium heat. Place cod on serving plate.
- Add 1 tsp of canola oil to pan if needed to fry the next 2 fillets. When golden brown, add to serving plate and sprinkle with garnish of lemon zest and parsley.