Grilled Chicken with Apricot Sauce
The TENA Kitchen Recipe
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, 4-5 oz each
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped shallots
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Apricot jam or preserves
- 1/4 tsp Mild mustard
- Fresh thyme
On a cutting board, using a sharp knife, cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 2 slices.
- Brush chicken breast with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on preheated grill and grill for 4-5 minutes per side, or until a thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165°F (74°C) and it is no longer pink inside.
- Preheat boiler.
- Place chicken on broiler pan and brush with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt.
- Broil 4"-5" from heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165°F (74°C) and it is no longer pink inside.
To Make Apricot Sauce
- In small pan, melt butter on medium high. Add shallots and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add apricot jam or preserves, mustard and pinch of salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place cooked chicken on plates and top each plate with 2 tbsp apricot sauce.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.