Sautéed Spring Greens
The TENA Kitchen Recipe
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 cups Green beans, cut in 2-3" pieces
- 1 bunch Asparagus, ends trimmed, washed and cut in 2-3" pieces
- 1/2 cup Sliced leeks
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 10 oz bag Washed spinach, about 6 cups, any coarse stems removed
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- Sesame oil
- Heat large sauté pan over med high and add olive oil.
- Add green beans and sauté 3-4 mins.
- Add asparagus, leeks and garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes depending on thickness of asparagus.
- Reduce heat to medium and add spinach.
- Sprinkle with mustard seeds and a splash of water. Cover and steam 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring once.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and a few drops of sesame oil.