Summer Minestrone Soup
The TENA Kitchen Recipe
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Leek, thinly sliced
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 qt Water
- 1 Bunch asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Canned chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup Snow peas, cut into thirds
- 1 cup Cooked short pasta, such as pennette
- Grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan heat oil on medium heat.
- Add chopped leek, onions and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Sauté until vegetables are wilted but not browned.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 quart water to saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add asparagus and 1/2 tsp salt and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add chick peas, spinach, snow peas and pasta and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until snow peas are tender.
- Spoon into soup dishes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.