Triple Squash Soup
The TENA Kitchen Recipe
- 1 of each Turban, hubbard and acorn squash
- 1.5 Qts Vegetable broth
- dash Nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pierce each squash with a pairing knife in several places. Bake in the microwave 7 minutes on high. Cool. This step allows you to cut the squash easier.
- Cut each squash into chunks and place with skin side down on baking sheet. Scoop out and discard seeds.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 40 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Scoop out pulp from the skin and measure 1.5 Qts of cooked squash.
- Spoon the squash into a large pot. Add the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Add in batches to blender; cover. Process until smooth; return to saucepan. Cook on medium-low heat until heated through.
- Ladle soup into bowls.