Revised: April 01, 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you access and use the Services, we collect personal information, and we may collect other information from and about you and users of the Device. This includes information that you provide voluntarily and information collected automatically through use of the Services. The information collected may include:
Personal Contact Information you provide through the Services, such as your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number.
Demographic Information, such as date of birth, gender, age, weight, interests and activities.
Order and Payment information when you make a purchase or request samples through the Sites, including products ordered, Personal Contact Information for the purchaser and recipient, and credit card information.
Website Account Information, including your first and last name, email address, and a password you create to register and login to the Sites, your year of birth and zip code, profile information you provide, Order and Payment Information, information about subscriptions associated with your account, and any shopping lists you have created.
App Account Information, including your first and last name, email address, and a password you create to register and login, Personal Contact Information and other information about members of a Care Team you create using an App (“Authorized App Users”) or Device, and a photograph of, or Personal Contact Information or other information about, a user of the Device associated with your account. By submitting information about Authorized App Users or a user of a Device, you represent and warrant that you have their permission to share their personal information with us, and we have their permission to contact Authorized App Users and invite them to use the App.
Other Information you voluntarily provide us with in connection with using the Services and features or contacting us, including your comments and other content.
Information Collected Automatically when you Use the Services, such as Your Internet Protocol (IP) address or device UDID, operating system type and version, referring domain, application version number, log files, actions performed by the user, app logs and diagnostics, geographic location, and the pages, content or features you visit or use and the time and duration of your visits.
Information Collected Automatically from a Device linked to your Account, such as Device transmitter ID and battery information, wetness saturation level, and time and frequency of absorbent product changes.
Aggregated Information that cannot be used to specifically identify you when you use or visit the Site.
We may also collect information about you from commercially available sources.
If you connect with a social media site through the Services, we receive your name, email address, and any other information the social media site provides.
Notice for Health Care Facility Patients and Residents (where applicable):
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect for the purpose of providing our Services and administering our business, including:
- To facilitate and improve our provision and your use of the Services and Devices;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- To fulfill orders and requests;
- To identify you as a user of the Services;
- To connect with your social media accounts;
- To send you information about a transaction or your relationship with us;
- To enable you to provide ratings and reviews and participate in questions and answers;
- To contact you with information, including promotional information, that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To provide the products and services you request;
- To conduct loyalty programs and promotions and provide product samples;
- To display relevant advertising and remarketing across websites;
- To create deidentified or anonymous data and to compile aggregate data, which we may use for any purpose, including for internal and external business purposes;
- To allow us to personalize and enhance your experience using the Services;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Service usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability or popularity of the Services;
- To improve the Services or develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraudulent transactions and prevent misuse of services or offers, monitor against theft, protect our intellectual property or the rights or property of others, and otherwise protect our users and our business;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services; and
Please note that you may choose not to allow us to use your information for certain purposes (such as to email you promotional information) as described in the “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
Service Providers. We may use external service providers to perform functions in connection with our Services (for example, postal mail, e-mail, customer relationship management, data analysis, data hosting, marketing, remarketing, credit card and other payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, ratings and reviews, and questions and answers, etc.). We may share information about you with these providers, or allow them to collect information about you on our behalf, that they need to perform their functions and in accordance with our agreements with them. Some of these providers may be located outside the United States. While outside the United States, information may be subject to applicable foreign laws, which may permit foreign government and national security authorities to access information in certain circumstances.
Business Changes. If we become involved in a proposed or actual merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
Other Disclosures. Regardless of the choices you make regarding your information (as described below), we may disclose information about you to third parties to:
- Enforce or apply the Terms;
- Respond to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process; or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties to the extent required or permitted by law;
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety and property, or that of our users or others (for example, protecting the security of the Services);
- Protect against potential liability;
- Establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; or
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety or property of us, users or others, violation of the Terms, our policies or agreements or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to visitors to and users of the Services with affiliated or unaffiliated parties.
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We, along with our analytics and advertising providers, use persistent and session cookies, web beacons and other technologies to collect information about your use of the Services. These technologies are used for tracking, analytics, remarketing, personalization and optimization and to personalize our and third-party interactions with you.
We and our analytics and advertising providers generally use the following types of cookies and other technologies:
- Strictly Necessary. These are essential to navigate the Site and use the features, and they enable us to provide the Site.
- Functional. These are used to recognize you when you use the Site and provide enhanced functionality and more personalized features.
- Analytics. These are used to improve the Site and understand how you use and interact with the Site.
- Advertising. These are used to deliver relevant ads, personalize marketing content, and track ad campaign performance and efficiency.
- Social Media. These allow you to share content and experiences, such as making suggestions to you and others, or so you can sign in with your social network ID and stay logged in across the Internet.
Cookies. Cookies are small bits of information that are transferred to and stored in separate files within your computer’s browser. You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Site. In addition, if you access the Site from a different device, login under a different name, or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed. For example, we use persistent cookies to remember a visitor when the visitor returns to the Site after visiting another website.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser software. For example, we may use session cookies to remember what a visitor placed in the visitor’s cart.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image, such as an advertisement, on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can disable the ability of web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
You can opt out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising in the following ways:
Visit the Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ where you can opt-out of interest-based ads served by participating NAI and DAA members. Note, however, that not all advertising providers participate in the NAI and DAA. In addition, if you opt-out, you may still see online advertising from us and third parties, but the ads may be less relevant to you.
- Block third party cookies in your browser settings.
- Use privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block advertising trackers.
- Use the opt-out settings offered by some of the advertising companies we work with, as described in the Third Party Technologies section below.
Do Not Track. At this time, we do not respond to "do not track" signals sent from web browsers or other mechanisms that provide users the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about a user’s online activities over time and across third party Internet services.
THIRD PARTY TECHNOLOGIES
Below is a list of our third party technology partners and information about their privacy practices. Please note that providers and their practices may change, so this list may not always be accurate and complete.
Hotjar. We use Hotjar to understand our users’ behavior when using the Services and to improve the experience for our users. For more information about Hotjar’s privacy practices, visit https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/, and for information about how you can opt out, visit https://www.hotjar.com/privacy/do-not-track/.
Facebook. By clicking on the Facebook button on the Site, you will be automatically transported to the official Facebook Page for TENA, https://www.facebook.com/TENAUSA/.
YouTube. By clicking on the YouTube button on the Site, you will automatically be transported to the official YouTube Page of TENA, https://www.youtube.com/user/ fearlessprotection.
Google. We may also participate in certain Google Advertiser features including Demographics and Interest Reporting, Remarketing, and Google Display Network Impression Reporting. These features use third-party cookies and other tracking mechanisms and allow us to market our products to you through advertisements on other websites based on your past visits to the Site. You can opt out of these Google features in your ad settings: http://www.google.com/settings/ads/. To opt-out of Adobe Omniture: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html#4
We implement a variety of physical, administrative, and technical security measures, such as encryption, to protect the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Please keep your account password secure to help ensure the safety of your personal information. Credit card information you provide through the Site is transmitted to our credit card processor, is processed offsite, and is transmitted using Secure Sockets Layering (SSL) through encrypted channels.
While we take reasonable measures to protect the information we collect via the Services against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. We cannot guarantee that transmissions of your personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Services and take special care in deciding with which information you provide us.
Our authorized employees, agents, and service providers who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job responsibilities and help us offer the Services will have access to your personal information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Services are directed to adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 18 without parental consent. If you are under age 18, please do not submit any personal information through the Services. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from a child under age 18, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362).
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides you with certain rights with respect to your personal information. This section is applicable to California residents only.
- Right to Access. You have a right to request that we disclose, no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories and sources from which personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- Right to Delete. You have a right to request that we delete any personal information about you that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. If we are required to delete your personal information, then upon receipt of a verifiable request, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records. To exercise this right, you can contact us by phone at 1-866-ASK-TENA (1-866-275-8362)or send an email to email@example.com with a description of your request.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request under the CCPA related to your personal information. Any request must provide sufficient details so we can evaluate and respond to the request. We may request an individual’s first and last name, email address, mailing address, and/or other information to verify an individual’s identity. If you designate an authorized agent, the agent will be required to submit proof of authorization and you will be required to verify your identity. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We reserve the right to refuse any requests, in whole or in part, to the extent permitted by law.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to with "California Shine the Light Request" in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide to you via email a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties' names and addresses.
NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Nevada residents have a right to submit a verified request directing a website operator to not make any “sale” of covered information collected about a consumer for monetary consideration to a person for such person to license or sell the information to additional persons, subject to certain exceptions. When you use the Services, we do not engage in the “sale” of covered information, as that term is defined.
HOW TO CONTACT US
The contact details of our data protection officer are as follows:
Iris Winter Compliance Officer Data Protection Group Function Sustainability Quickbornstraße 24 D-20253 Hamburg, Germany Tel: +49 40 4909-6546 firstname.lastname@example.org